This oriental-spiced dish is a Friday night classic, and can be ready in less than 10 minutes! Pop a handful of Fry’s Battered Prawn-Style Pieces in the oven for 6-8 minutes and put egg-free noodles on to boil. Meanwhile, fry peanut oil, onion and garlic in a wok before tossing in some of your favourite vegetables. Stir soy sauce, brown sugar and white wine vinegar in a bowl then combine with the vegetable mix, prawn-style pieces and noodles for a lightning-fast Friday night fakeaway!
- 1 pack Fry’s Battered Prawn-Style Pieces
- 100g Stir Fry Vegetables
- 250g egg-free noodles
- 480ml (2 cups) boiling water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup spring onion, sliced
- Defrost the Prawn-Style Pieces. Place them on a non-stick baking tray and place in a preheated oven at 180°C for 6 – 8 minutes. Cook noodles in salted water, drain and set aside. Heat up frying pan or wok until very hot. Add peanut oil, crushed garlic and fry for a few seconds, being careful not to burn.
- Toss in the vegetable mix and stir fry for 3 – 4 minutes. Mix in the Prawn-Style Pieces. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar and white wine vinegar in a small bowl. Mix until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cooked noodles and the soy mixture and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add roasted peanuts and garnish with chopped shallots.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Fry’s Family Foods