Article by Vegan Life Magazine
Chocolate Stuffed Cookie Cups
Makes 10 cookies
- 10 tsp Bonsan Choco Spread
- 130g coconut sugar
- 105ml melted coconut oil
- 30ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond milk (or water)
- 135g wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
1. Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F/Gas 5.
2. Dollop a teaspoon of choco spread onto a lined baking tray and spread into a thin disc. Repeat 10 times. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the cookie cups.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the coconut sugar, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond milk.
4. Add the wholemeal flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
5. Fold in the cacao nibs and mix again. The dough will be slightly crumbly, this is normal.
6. Press down about 1 tablespoon of dough into a cavity of a muffin pan. Top with a frozen disk of choco spread. Finally, take 1 tablespoon of dough, form a ball and flatten it into a disk between your hands. Place on top of the choco spread disk and press down on the edges to close the cookie cups and trap the choco spread inside. Repeat to fill each muffin cavity.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool 15 minutes at room temperature. Don’t try to remove the cookie cups from the pan straight away or they will crumble.
8. After 15 minutes, transfer the pan to the refrigerator and chill another 15 minutes. 9.Then, you can carefully remove the cookie cups from the pan. The filling should still be melty and the cookie cups chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Recipe and images courtesy of Bonsan