Cow’s milk is on the way out as more and more people choose healthful plant-based alternatives to their favorite dairy products. In fact, a recent survey from agribusiness giant Cargill reveals that half of U.S. dairy consumers also use vegan alternatives.
Oat, pea, soy, flax, almond, hazelnut… the list of vegan milk varieties goes on and on. If you’re new to dairy-free eating, having so many options can be overwhelming. So where to start? Knowing what different brands offer can help. Whether you’re looking for something a little sweet or with no sweetener at all, most grocers carry several brands.
Here are seven dairy-free milk brands you are bound to love:
1. Silk has a wide range of plant-based milk, including soy, coconut, and almond, in many delicious flavors.
I’ve found that Silk can generally be found in most major grocery stores. Walmart, Target, Sprouts, and Kroger are just a few chains that carry it.
Why you should buy it: The smooth blend of Silk is undeniable. And with the brand’s variety of products and flavors, I’ve always found myself coming back for more. Silk is also known for being passionate about the non-GMO movement.
2. Oat Yeah is a new line by Silk and comes in plain, chocolate, and vanilla. As its slogan says, “Inspired by the creaminess of milk, Oat Yeah oat milk might make you forget there’s no moo in it.”
Why you should buy it: Aside from being delicious, oat milk has a lot of benefits. Loaded with vitamin D, iron, calcium, potassium, and fiber, this plant-based milk is low in calories yet high in protein.
3. So Delicious offers coconut-based products that are soy- and gluten-free, from yogurt and creamer to milk and ice cream.
Why you should buy it: So Delicious has been dairy-free from the beginning. In addition to its allergen-testing program and innovative production techniques, So Delicious is known for using organic non-GMO ingredients.
4. Dream makes shelf-stable dairy-free milk from rice and almonds. And as the company declares, Dream’s products “are especially great for smoothies.’’
Why you should buy it: Dream is committed to creating high-quality plant-based food, with roots dating back to the 1970s.
5. Edensoy, aside from offering great dairy-free options, is known as North America’s original soy milk. Its products are fortified with calcium and vitamins D2, A, E, and B12. Another bonus? No refined sweetener!
View this post on Instagram
Non-GMO, suitably prepared Edensoy is packed with protein, sustainably sourced and produced. It is, hands down, the best soy beverage option for you and yours. There are three flavored Edensoys – Vanilla, Carob, and Cocoa. Edensoy ingredients are responsibly sourced. Cocoa, Vanilla, and Carob are from the Dominican Republic, Madagascar, and Spain. The soybeans are organic, non-GMO and U.S. grown. Stock up on Edensoy this week at 30% off from our online store (link in bio)! . . . . . . #edensoy #soymilk #soybeverage #soymilksale #organicfoodsale #foodsale #discount #goodfoodsale #vanillasoymilk #original #healthyrecipe #plantbasedfood #vegan #veganlife #eatclean #healthyfood #foodforfuel #mindfuleating #cleaneating #healthyfoodie #realfood #eatwell #foodisfuel #cleanfood #cleandiet #healthylifestyle #nutrition #nutritious #healthyeats #healthyeating
Why you should buy it: In addition to offering a range of high-quality products, the brand has been a leader in the BPA-free movement since 1999.
6. So Nice is the perfect brand for when you want to add a bit of extra flavor to your cereal or coffee, offering both almond and soy products.
Why you should buy it: So Nice products are certified organic and low in fat, and the company gives back to local communities by sourcing most if its soybeans in Canada.
7. Pacific Foods offers several kinds of dairy-free milk: almond, hemp, soy, hazelnut, rice, oat, coconut, and cashew.
Why you should buy it: Pacific Foods continues to honor its mission to source pure, organic, and quality ingredients, creating simple recipes, enriching communities, and following sustainable practices.