A Friday night takeaway staple, Indian curry is rapidly becoming Britain’s favourite food. With coconut milk being such a common ingredient, it’s getting easier and easier to recreate a classic Friday night spice hit at home with a plant-based twist. Simply combine curry paste and coconut milk, choose from chunky, chicken-style and beef-style strips, add peppers, chillies and onions to taste, and serve hot for a quick, cheap, plant-based take on the nation’s favourite.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp Tikka Masala curry paste
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp mustard seed
- 2 limes
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 300g Fry’s Chicken-Style Strips
- Papadums, to serve
- Basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat, then stir in the curry paste with the onions and mustard seed and sauté for 2-3 mins. Stir the Chicken-Style Strips into the paste and fry for 6-8 minutes, then pour in the vegetable stock and coconut milk.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Squeeze the juice of the lime over the curry and serve with a side of fluffy basmati rice, papadums and a sprinkle of fresh coriander.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Fry’s Family Foods