Article by OM Times
There are many factors that affect the aging process, but by paying attention to these keys, you can ensure you age gracefully rather than just getting old.
by C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D.
There are so many factors that influence health and aging, that it really requires an educated guess as to what will ultimately determine how long – and how well – you will live. However, there are numerous scientific studies that demonstrate the following significant influences on aging.
1. Genetics. It’s true that scores of genetic predispositions are possible. Perhaps the good news is that a happy, nurturing childhood can mitigate many of these, including the epigenetic changes of a happy childhood that prevent many of the inherited defects.
2. Nutrition. Eating real food – and even whether you eat breakfast – is crucial.
3. Exercise. Move it or lose it! Your body, that is. Couch potatoes have many more illnesses and die younger than active people.
4. Sleep. Getting less than 7- or more than 9-hours, regularly, are significantly negative influences.
5. Meditation, Relaxation, and Contemplation are great longevity boosters.
6. Conscientiousness. Being prepared, organized and responsible makes you less stressed and more liable to do the things necessary to be healthy.
7. Friendship. Networking with a circle of friends is significantly better for your health than being a hermit.
8. Being Happy. This is easier said than done, especially if you’re lacking in other areas. However, boosting levels of the “bonding hormone,” oxytocin, can go a long way toward boosting happiness levels. Air Bliss is an essential oil blend that appears to be the best way to do this when applied to certain acupressure points on a regular basis.
9. Hormone Balance. Keep your DHEA & Calcitonin levels optimal – naturally. There are 4 natural ways to restore DHEA: Fire Bliss, Magnesium Lotion, Youth Formula, and Natural Progesterone. Calcitonin is the “silent” hormone-its primary purpose is keeping bones strong so you don’t know it is deficient until osteoporosis is significant. Earth Bliss is the easiest way to improve calcitonin levels.
10. Free Radicals. Antioxidants are commonly turned to for the reduction of free radicals. In my experience, an essential oil blend that I’ve developed and tested, called Crystal Bliss, is by far the best way to keep free radicals in check.
11. Energy Field. As you may know, telomeres – the “tails” of our DNA – are critical for cell reproduction. If we have excellent health habits, they shrink an average of 1% each year, and much more if you have poor health habits. A 7-year study on human DNA showed that bathing in a field of 54 to 78 GHz at 75 decibels for 30 minutes daily is effective at rejuvenating telomeres. The device used was the RejuvaMatrix Solar Homeopathy® (RM).
You will also enjoy 5 Essential Oils for Soul Healing
The article was originally published on 7 August 2013
About the Author
Former neurosurgeon “Norm” Shealy, M.D. is one of the most prolific “founding fathers” of the holistic health movement. He holds 14 patents, authored 28 books (two with Caroline Myss) and over 300 articles. https://normshealy.com/
Join our Community!
Sign Up for Our Newsletter