Article by One Green Planet
When the chilly weather hits, it can become tough to want to get up and do things. The grey skies can feel uninviting and unexciting. However, what you eat can help elevate your mood and kick-start your energy levels. These energizing vegan meals are packed with foods that help you boost your mood and can help you make it through this chilly season.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of awesome energizing vegan meals that leave you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you energizing and mood-boosting meals for breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts that are fully vegan and plant-based!
Source: Sesame Tofu
It’s Monday! Start your week off with this yummy chia pudding and end your day full of energy with a wonderful milkshake!
- Breakfast: Chia Pudding With Blueberries by Judy Moosmueller
- Lunch: Eggplant Roll Ups with Hemp Basil Pesto by Amy Height
- Dinner: Sesame Tofu by Rhea Parsons
- Dessert: Mint Chip Avocado Milkshake by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez
To conquer the second day of the week, start out with savory oats! It’s definitely a change-up from normally sweetened oats, but will leave you feeling ready for the day! Finish your day on the right note with some excellent chocolate orange doughnuts!
- Breakfast: Savory Mushroom Oats by Meredith Youngson
- Lunch: Vegan Chickpea Curry with Tomatoes by Nele Liivlaid
- Dinner: Creamy Butternut Mac and Cheese by Rachel Hanawalt
- Dessert: Chocolate Orange Doughnuts by Stephanie Davies
Happy Hump Day! Start out the middle of the week with banana and peanut butter flapjacks and end it with this colorful mango sorbet!
- Breakfast: Banana and Peanut Butter Flapjacks by Hayley Canning
- Lunch: Lemon and Asparagus Pasta in a Cashew Cream Sauce by Gabrielle St. Claire
- Dinner: Sweet Potato Stuffed Shells With Cashew Alfredo by Amanda Nicole Smith
- Dessert: Mango Sorbet With Banana and Pineapple by Emily von Euw
Source: Mushroom Stroganoff
It’s almost Friday! The week may feel like it’s passing by slowly, or too quickly, but you’ve got this! Keep your energy up with this mood-boosting sweet potato breakfast bowls! Celebrate the weekend a bit early with these yummy blueberry buckle cake!
- Breakfast: Savory Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl by Amy Height
- Lunch: Avocado Pesto Pizza by James Wythe
- Dinner: Mushroom Stroganoff by Molly Patrick
- Dessert: Blueberry Buckle by Crissy Cavanaugh
Source: Blueberry Pop-Tarts
Happy Friday! Celebrate the end of the week with this cacao mousse and raspberry parfait! Keep your mood boosted and your energy high with this simple veggie dish for dinner, and some awesome blueberry poptarts for dessert!
- Breakfast: Cacao Mousse and Raspberry Parfaits by Crissy Cavanaugh
- Lunch: Cheesy Broccoli Pasta by Marina Yanay-Triner
- Dinner: Roasted Winter Vegetables with Almonds and Olives by Julia Shannahan
- Dessert: Blueberry Pop-Tarts by Jessica Bose
Other Plant-Based Meal Plans:
- Weekly Meal Plan: Vegan Meals Ready in One Pot!
- Weekly Meal Plan: Vegan Meals Ready in 30 Minutes or Less!
- Weekly Meal Plan: Vegan Meals Rich in Healthy Fats!
- Weekly Meal Plan: Vegan Meals Made With Fall Produce!
- Weekly Meal Plan: Calcium-Rich Vegan Meals!
- Weekly Meal Plan: Vegan Meals with Ten Ingredients Or Less!
- Weekly Meal Plan: Nut-Free Vegan Meals!
- Weekly Meal Plan: Omega-3 Rich Vegan Meals!
- Weekly Meal Plan: High-Fiber Vegan Meals Part!
- Weekly Meal Plan: Oil-Free Vegan Meals!
- Weekly Meal Plan: Vitamin B-Rich Vegan Meals!
- Weekly Meal Plan: Magnesium-Rich Vegan Meals!
- Here’s How You Can Do Oprah’s 30 Day Vegan Meal Plan Challenge
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, plant-based, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!