Article by One Green Planet
It can be fun to experiment with herbs and spices in the kitchen, and by adding in these powerful herbs, you can add an extra layer of healing to your foods! For instance, spices like fennel and turmeric help boost the flavor of your dishes, and the health benefits. Even adding spices and herbs into your breakfasts and desserts can add a pop of flavor, too! Give these healing vegan meals a try this week!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of awesome vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you herby and spicy healing meals for breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts that are fully vegan and plant-based!
Start off your week with these flavorful meals! From delicious french toast for breakfast to delicious ice cream for dessert, your day will be full of flavor and good eats!
- Breakfast: Vanilla French Toast With Cardamom Spices Cream Cheese by Plant Tribe
- Lunch: Basil and Oregano Cheese Straws by Laura Hemmington
- Dinner: Thyme-Infused Hasselback Potatoes by James Wythe and Lemon Thyme Roasted Butternut Squash Soup by Teri Macovei
- Dessert: Cardamom Pistachio Ice Cream by Incredible Vegan Ice Cream, Deena Jalal
Source: Basil Cucumber Gazpacho
Welcome to Tuesday! Today is a wonderful day to enjoy a delicious oatmeal for breakfast and end your day with a twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie! These healing vegan meals are wonderful to start your week with!
- Breakfast: Fudgy Balsamic Oatmeal With Strawberry-Basil Relish by Lauren Smith
- Lunch: Basil Cucumber Gazpacho by Kristina Jug & Mitja Bezenšek and Lemon Tarragon Root Vegetables by Molly Patrick
- Dinner: Grilled Vegetables with Balsamic and Basil by Daniela Modesto with Green Bao With Garam Masala Spiced Chickpea Mash by Anarki “AJ” Tjon Affo
- Dessert: Garam Masala Chocolate Oat Cookies by Claire Ragozzino
It’s Hump Day, which means that you may need an extra boost to make it through the week. You’ll be feeling wonderful after these savory meals! And what better way to celebrate the end of the day with some lemon basil cookies?!
- Breakfast: Savory Italian Granola by Rosie Newton and Dillon Sivyour
- Lunch: Miso Ramen Bowl With Tellicherry Black Pepper Tofu by Anett Velsberg
- Dinner: Orange and Fennel Arugula Salad by Diane Smith and Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Almonds by Stephanie McKinnie
- Dessert: Lemon Basil Sugar Cookies by Gabrielle St. Claire
Thursdays mean there’s one more day before the weekend begins! For that last push to make it through the week, check out this Indian scrambled tofu and and enjoy a wonderful soup and flatbread for dinner!
- Breakfast: Spicy Indian Scrambled Tofu by Tara Binder
- Lunch: Rosemary Roasted Cauliflower Salad by Lauren Kirchmaier
- Dinner: Apple, Parsnip, and Fennel Soup With Crispy Sage Brussels Sprouts by Claire Ragozzino with Rosemary-Garlic Chickpea Flatbread by Amanda Froelich
- Dessert: Cardamom Chocolate Cake With Rose Cashew Cream by Courtney West
Source: Mushroom Tarragon Braised Tempeh
Happy Friday! For the end of the week, enjoy some delicious breakfast sausages for breakfast and end your day with some spicy cupcakes! You’ll have a wonderful weekend with these healing vegan meals!
- Breakfast: Vegan Breakfast Sausage Patties by Taavi Moore
- Lunch: Baked Sweet Potato With Pesto Pasta, Tomatoes, and Pumpkin Seeds by Emily von Euw
- Dinner: Mushroom Tarragon Braised Tempeh by Rouxbe
- Dessert: Spicy Cupcakes by Valentina Chiappa
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!